Friday, October 8, 2010

Brick By Boring Brick

Hmm.. Well...

You guys have heard of Paramore, right?

If you haven't, search them on YouTube.  Their really good.  Really.  Good.

So I was watching a video of their's called Brick By Boring Brick.

The link is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A63VwWz1ij0&ob=av3e

I used to think the video was morbid, but now I've seen a comment and it's shed a new light on my view to this particular music video.

"I feel like that's on the right track, in my opinion. There are many ways to look at this video/song, of course. Perhaps this is about how, in childhood, people tend to live in a fairy tale (or naivety), but as you get older and learn more, that innocence is lost to the reality of cruelty and it's existence in the world. Thus, the little girl doesn't die, just her innocence. Subsequently, Hayley would represent the girl after the realization of the truth. Just my take on it."

And that's really true, I think.  Normally I wouldn't think that about a video just because I hate doing "readers comprehension" or whatever. Then I saw another comment which was basically the same as above:

"People said that the 'unburying' of the castle was saying that hayley wants to go back to that place of innocence. However I think of it this way: 'if it's real you can see it with your eyes, even in the dark... and that's where I want to be' - she's saying that she can't live in that fantasy land anymore, she knows she needs to live in the real world. Josh is digging 'a big hole to bury the castle' - the little girl falling in and Hayley dropping the doll in is her letting go of the fantasy."


Well this is kind of a random post... I love Paramore, but I just didn't like the video 'cause I thought the little girl fell and hurt herself and the lead singer, Hayley, or the digger, Josh, didn't care.  But I get it now...

Eh.  I'll just leave nao...

No comments:

Post a Comment